Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday, 19 December 2010

This was an amazing weekend filled w/ laughs and reminiscences, and I was able to spend the entire weekend bonding w/ my daughters.  Despite this emotional soaring, the closer we got to home, the tighter the knot in my stomach formed.  Doug refuses to leave, which causes an immense emotional strain on all of us.  He's now renigging on everything he originally agreed upon in the divorce settlement.  Iowa divorce code says he gets half of my retirement accounts even though he has no retirement funds of his own.  We had agreed that he would not pay child support in exchange for me taking over the mortgage payment and retaining all the equity.  He informed me just now that he will be requesting half of the current equity, and now he's decided to sit right behind me on the couch while I'm typing this b/c he's tired of living in the basement.  I don't know how much more of this I can take.  How quickly the soaring turns to slumping.

No comments:

Post a Comment