Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday, 06 December 2010

Very, very strange dream last night.  I was in a room w/ a body bag, and when the bag was unzipped my sister, Lori, was inside.  She was very pale, and I asked if she was dead.  A voice said, "No, she's just sleeping."  So I touched her hand and rubbed her cheek, and her eyes opened.  I wasn't scared.  I was ecstatic to have found my sister.  This may sound like a horribly bizarre dream, but I see it as a good omen.  Lori and I have been estranged for nearly eight months, but last Thursday we re-connected over the phone.  My girls and I are going to visit her and her family in Minneapolis in a couple of weeks.  I've missed them very, very much.  I imagine her girls have grown as much as mine have.......probably more since they're five and eight and changes are much more obvious.  I regret the time that we've lost but am overjoyed that we're not going to waste any more.  I think I've just about reached the point of accepting that "Mom-the-Gluestick" isn't here to keep our family together.  If I want to have relationships w/ my siblings, I'm going to have put forth the effort to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment