Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday, 04 December 2010 -- Day 349

I'm quite blah today.  I'm reaching the end of this blog, and like a ritardando at the end of a song, or a train approaching the station, I'm winding down.  Years ago when I read my great grandmother's journals, I was always amazed when she said that she didn't get much done on certain days, and then went off to list the three pies and two loaves of bread she baked; the laundry she did by hand; the meals she prepared and cleaned-up after; the sewing, ironing, etc., etc.  Mom was the same way.  When she was really sick and tired, she never complained about the pain but instead focused on all the work she didn't get done that day.  Yet, she'd go on to list how she did laundry, baked cookies, and swept the floor.  Well, Grandma Annie and Mama Lucy, I really didn't get much done today.  I just dusted and vacuumed so I can start putting up Christmas decorations tomorrow even though my heart isn't in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment