Saturday, December 4, 2010

Friday, 03 December 2010 -- Day 348

I was very much out-of-sorts today.  I had no "sit in my pants," as Mom used to say.  Just when I would sit down to work on something, my mind would start to wander, and  before I knew it, my body was following.  I abaondoned ship and left my office early to go home and blow snow.  I often find that physical labor is a wonderful distraction, and I usually can work out any problem by getting my hands dirty and my neck sweaty.  Alas, today it was not to be.  While blowing the snow in front of Kenzie's garage, I didn't see the electrical cord that Doug ran from the garage's outlet to his dog's kennel.  It took several sparks before I realized what had happened, and it's amazing that I wasn't electrocuted before I could get the snow blower shut off.  Yep, the cord had been severed completely, which did make it easier to remove the half that was wound around the auger.  I think from now on when I'm out-of-sorts w/ not sit-in-my-pants, I'll just take a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment