Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday, 07 December 2010

I did some Christmas shopping tonight and finished putting up the inside decorations.  I ordered most of the girls' presents online yesterday.  Now I need to find some time to get the outside lights put up.  I was even thinking tonight about doing some holiday baking and putting together Christmas baskets like I've done in past years.  Well, I didn't get any made last year.  I was doubting whether I'd ever get in the holiday spirit, but joy breeds joy.  Listening to holiday music, seeing other people's Christmas decorations, and helping a woman in WalMart tonight got me out of my funk.  She was vertically challenged and couldn't reach some pull chains so I got them for her, and for the first time this year said, "Merry Christmas."  Then I saw a former student and her son and wished them, "Merry Christmas."  It's like the point in How the Grinch Stole Christmas when the Grinch is just about to drop the Who's Christmas bundle over a cliff. "And what happened then...?  Well...in Who-ville they say That the Grinch's small heart Grew three sizes that day!"  Now picture me racing home w/ my packages and grinning as I prepare to carve "the roast beast!"  Well, at least chicken......I'm a pesco pollo vegetarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment